I originally put this on the side of the blog, but decided it was worthy of its own post. Here is my list of things that I want to do before I kick the bucket (hopefully in many, many years from now). I'm sure I'll continue to add to it as I think of more awesome things I want to do in my lifetime.
1. Marry the coolest guy around (5.30.2009)
2. Get a graduate degree in Speech Pathology (5.3.2012)
3. Run a half-marathon
4. Feel a little one growing in my tummy
5. Watch my daughter in a dance performance
6. Become certified as a group fitness instructor
7. Get to my ideal BMI on Wii Fit
8. Buy a house
9. Get a furry puppy (6.1.2010)
10. Become a college professor
11. Get my undergraduate degrees in BSH & CSD (5.6.2010)
12. Fly a plane
13. Get laser eye surgery
14. Travel to Italy
15. Dance with my son at his wedding
16. Learn every word to "It's the End of the World as We Know It" by R.E.M.
17. Compete in a karaoke competition
18. Become an official 'soccer mom'
19. Be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding
20. Read the entire Harry Potter series in 2 months
21. Hike the Grand Canyon
22. Celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary
23. Go on a cruise
24. See the Northern Lights
25. Overcome my paralyzing fear of snakes
26. Learn a second language
27. Swim with dolphins
28. Buy a brand new car (and not just new-to-me)
29. Finish a drawing of Laurel & Hardy that I started in 2005
30. Learn to surf
31. Actually catch a fish (10/2011)
32. See a musical on Broadway
Monday, February 22, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
So begins my third day reclining on the couch watching endless hours of mind-numbing television. This is not of my own free will, oh no, it is out of force. Some mysterious bug has entered my bod and wreaked havoc on my GI Tract. Where were you on that one, Immune System? Seriously! I'm thinking of trading you in for something new: a nice, shiny, plastic bubble. If you can't do the job, you will be replaced. I'm sick (haha, no pun intended) of your half a** job at keeping me healthy. Do you know what I missed this weekend? An awesome trip with 4 of my college friends. Free food and snowmobiling included. Yeah, thanks for nothing. Also, I spent all last night on the couch whining in pain after eating these amazingly delicious Hawaiian meatballs. Thank goodness I haven't thrown up yet. I truly think that throwing up is possibly the worst thing in the world. I think I'm wearing my sick body out just by trying not to puke every hour. Yuck! But I swear to you, Immune System, if I have to run to the bathroom in the middle of the Superbowl to lose my lunch, you and I are through!
Ugh...where's the Imodium?
Ugh...where's the Imodium?