Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Taste of the Glory

Today is brought to you by the letters L and S and the number 3.

L is for the proverbial light at the end of the educational tunnel I am currently crawling through. See that ticker I put at the top of the blog? It is living proof that every day I am closer to finishing my graduate career! Also, notice that I will be graduating in 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days. Most excellent.

L is for getting a little taste of the glory. (Think Nacho Libre). I started my externship last week at an elementary school and am loving it. I love my supervisor. I love the kids I work with. I have only been there 2 weeks and I am 100% positive that I was meant to be an SLP. It is for me. It is awesome. Therefore, I am awesome. Right?

S is for heaving a big sigh of relief. Along with tasting the glory of a big-girl job, I'm happy that I'm enjoying myself at my externship. It's nice to know that these past 2 years have not been a waste of time or money. Today, in between helping a boy correctly articulate his "r" and working on irregular past tense with a bubbly little girl I thought how I could do this for the rest of my life and be completely happy.

What a wonderful thought to have about a job! I am excited to graduate and get going in my awesome profession. It hasn't been the smoothest ride, but the real ride is about to begin.

S is for super, for that is what my life is right now. S is also for Slurpees, sitcoms, and sugar. They help get me through my week. Thanks guys.

No comments: