Monday, October 29, 2012

Career Worman

First things first, I am a capable speller and my title was a purposeful accident. As I began typing the title of my post, my left pointer finger decided to have a spaz moment and throw a "r" in the word "woman." I quickly began to backspace my mistake until I realized that some mistakes are meant to be. This was one of those convenient mistakes.

I'm happy to report that I'm still alive n' kicking. Nothing new in the baby department, but alas, I'm trying to have the perspective that a little squishy being will join us at the right time and place. (Still aiming for "soon" and "my womb," but I have no idea what the future holds). Cross your fingers for us, won't you?

Miniature humans aside, I am full-on, waist-deep in my career. I have been working as a Speech-Language Pathologist for a school district in a small town in Utah for a little over 2 months now. Working with little squeakers all day has done a number on my immune system, but I'm hanging in there. At the moment I'm fighting my 4th infection since school started and I currently sound like a much older, much sexier version of Cilla. I'm also a phlegm factory. Too much info? But seriously, if you need someone to act as your mother, call the principal, and get you out of class, I'm your gal.

In other news, Bob, Maggie, and I packed up our small basement apartment and moved ABOVE GROUND into a fun, cute, well-lit house. We now live on a cozy, tree-lined street and I'm on cloud nine. It feels amazing to have so much sun light streaming through our windows all day long. I feel so much happier in our new home! Yippee!

Work has been stressful, moving has been stressful, getting sick over and over again has been stressful. The result of this stress? Unintentional weight loss. I get busy at work, or start unpacking a box and forget to eat. I'm down almost 25lbs from where I was at the beginning of Summer. During my Master's program I gained 15-20lbs. I was stressed then, but why in the world did I gain weight? I honestly cannot make heads or tails of it. It's funny, the longer I go without getting pregnant, the skinnier I get. It's like my body is telling the rest of the world that I am the complete opposite of pregnant. Oh, life

So there's the "worm" part of my title. I'm back to being a shapeless lady. Oh, hips, why did you disappear with the weight? My jeans miss you.

Well there's my update. I work a lot. I get sick a lot. I cuddle with Maggie a lot. I'm trying to become a better SLP and help my kiddos the best that I can. I'm about 80% sure that I'm succeeding. Next up on the agenda? Enjoy Halloween with family, chili, cider, and Young Frankenstein. Plus, if this voice doesn't change I suddenly have lots of costume options.

Happy Autumn!

2 comments:

Lil Lizzie said...

look at you all grown up and a career worman. :) I'm so proud. good luck fighting those infections! Not that this helps...but would it make you feel better knowing I sometimes get a little baby hungry too? BUT I am one important step behind you...aka finding a father for that little one? haha. hang in there. and read this talk...it's my FAV. http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=621

iordanovs said...

I'm super excited to see your new digs! {With your sure to be cute stylings}. You look fantastic by the way & I'm glad that life is treating you pretty decently. Can't wait to see you!