Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2010. A Very Good Year.

So, no comments on my last post, eh? Too much reading for you guys? Well suck it up and read it already! Not like I'm demanding anything...just sayin' it's remotely clever and you might enjoy it. If you have time to read this little random-smandom post, you have stamina for the last. This I promise you (oh N'Sync, I miss you).

Onto other things:

1. I spilled Dr. Pepper all over myself at the beginning of class yesterday. I mean, ALL OVER. I swear the clerk shook the bottle while I wasn't looking. I must now plot my revenge against the employee at the cafe in the Marriott library.

2. I have been trying to finish my personal statement for graduate school for like 2 weeks and am struggling! How hard can it be to talk about myself? I mean, I'm doing it right now. Why can't I just create a letter like this:

***Disclaimer: If you are actually one of the individuals on the Admissions Committee for the master's program of Speech Pathology at the University of Utah, please do not accept the following ramblings as part of your consideration for my application. In no way should it be accepted as anything less than random blogging.***

Dear Graduate Admissions Committee,
I am a kick-butt student with way too much motivation for graduate school than should be allowed. I love talking, and want to help other individuals with their talking, so please let me stop talking and accept me into the program. I'm only applying to the U because I want to get in soooo badly (oh, and my husband is in law school at the U, so I'm kinda counting on this one application to be a success). So please send me that happy acceptance letter so I can prove to you all that I will be the best Speech-Language Pathologist in the world (setting my sights too high?). Okay, the city. We'll go with city. Also, I am awesome, and that should be all the information you need to let me in the program.
Sincerely,
Cilla Neve

Alas, I actually DO want to get into the program, so a letter like this would pretty much kill any chance I have of being accepted. On the bright side, my letter is coming along nicely, I just want to make sure that I don't sound too arrogant or unenthusiastic about the graduate program (AKA the complete opposite of this letter). The end of the graduation process is just around the corner, and I am excited to take the next step in my educational career.

3. This is my last undergraduate semester and I couldn't be happier. I have a lot of motivation to do as best as possible this semester. I'm talking a 4.0, baby! I want it and I will do my very best to succeed.

4. Bob and I have been on a cooking spree lately. From homemade buttermilk doughnuts, to my personal favorite, Hamburger Pie (think Shepherd's Pie with beans instead of corn), we have been eating a delicious variety of made-from-scratch goods. It makes me happy to cook with Bob, and the result sure is tasty!

5. 2010 is the year to get this 23 year old body back as it was in High School. Dance company kept me fit as a fiddle back in the day, and now my stamina has greatly decreased. The regimen?

- Kickboxing Tues & Thurs for 45 minutes.
- Wii Fit Mon & Wed for 30 minutes/day.
- Spinning on Saturdays for 1 hour.
- Total exercise: 3.5 hours/week

By the end of this semester I will be a new woman. I will know if I will begin my graduate degree this fall, I will have 2 undergraduate degrees, and I will have a new, sculpted bod. I knew 2010 was going to be a good year.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

love the exercise goal chica!! I'm also on book 2 and thoroughly enjoying it :)

Chels said...

Getting no comments makes my heart frown. It's even more frustrating when I see how many people are actually reading it, but not leaving comments. I feel your pain sister. By the way, nice post ;)

Savannah said...

I have to say I feel like I know exactly what you're going through with applying to grad schools. Craig just sent out his last application a few weeks ago and I must have proof read a dozen or so different versions of his personal statement. Tricky things, but you'll do great! He's also applying to the U, so maybe we'll see you around there! :)

Lizzie said...

I loved your goals post... I thought it was awesome... sorry I didn't comment on it...;(

As for your personal statement, I am sure it will be great. I am jealous that you are even getting to apply...one day *sigh*. Be sure to put some of your fun personality in it, they need to know how great you will be with patient interactions!

You are awesome!

Avery said...

I want to try some of your homemade doughnuts. If you ever want to go for a run or have a dance session in the institute parking lot let me know.