Wednesday, June 30, 2010

NEWS FLASH!

I am sick AGAIN. Same symptoms as the last two times: sore throat, aches, runny/stuffy nose, hacking cough. Something is seriously wrong with my body. I was sick merely 5 weeks ago, and 6 weeks before that. I have never been this sick before in my life. I usually only get sick once or twice a year. Did I mention I also currently have a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)? You won't be surprised to hear that I just got over one about 3 weeks ago. Everything is attacking all at once. And the really sucky thing about this whole situation?

No Heath Insurance!

For the exception of the UTIs, I just keep riding these illnesses out. I'm getting a little nervous that my sinuses are all funky and that I might need sinus surgery. My mom and I have the same nose structure (crooked, bumpy, and kinda weird looking), and she had sinus surgery about 10 years back because she kept getting sick. I hope I'm not heading in that direction. And even if I am, I'll have no way of knowing because I can't go see my doctor.

Another possible reason for these reoccurring illnesses has been presented: Chronic Mononucleosis. I was diagnosed with Mono in 10th grade after needing to sleep 12 hours each night just to get through my school day. The past year I have been chronically tired, and then these illnesses have started. I could sleep the day away if given the opportunity. All my symptoms match up to Mono. While it is very rare for Mono to reoccur, it is still a possibility.

So far, I have been sick in April, May and June. Hopefully the trend stops here. I have too much to do this summer to spend it on the couch sleeping the day away.

Who's willing to change immune systems with me? Anyone? Anyone?

No comments: