Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sing, Sing A Song!

Well, folks, after 8 weeks of breakouts all over my chin from constant stress, I finally feel like I'm getting a hang on graduate school. I have survived 3 tests and made it through a lot of time-consuming projects. I have transitioned from being a passive observer in clinic to taking data, writing reports and even planning a few activities. I have noticed my stress level decline as I have found a great balance between school and life. I'm feeling happy and healthy. I feel good. I knew that I would. So good, so good, I ain't feeling blue!

buh, Buh, BUh, BUH YEAH!!

Here is my breakthrough formula for graduate school success:

7-8 Hours of Super Slumber-ful Sleep
It does wonders for those bags under my eyes and caffeine cravings! I welcome Mr. Sandman to bring me a dream, to make him the cutest that I've ever seen. Please build up my self esteem with your magic beam, Mr. Supreme. Seriously, Mr. Sandman, bring me a kick-butt dream that doesn't make me scream. Or make me wake up sweaty. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyone? Anyone? Nope? Just me? ...Awkward...

More Fun Times Full of Joy and Joyness With the Bobby Boy
Specifically? Having impromptu pouncing and wrestling matches, taking Maggie on walks and watching her spash all the other dogs at Tanner Park (she hasn't quite got the doggy paddle down and does more of a 'panic paddle'), and watching Doctor Who when we both know we should be studying. I just love my hubs. Is it in his chest? Oh no, no, no, it is not. In the way he's dressed? Oh no, that's just his ascot*. If you [shoop] wanna [shoop] know [shoop] why [shoop] he [shoop] loves [shoop] me [shoop] so it's in his kiss. That's where it is! Oh yeah!

Daily Jamming To Female Power Ballads
I have found great stress release by rocking out at work, inbetween classes, and while driving home to some good tunes. Any upbeat song will do, but I can't get enough of female power ballads. If you know me well, you know that I will listen to the same song over and over and over again. So you better believe that I've been listening to the same few songs continuously for the past few weeks. I can't quite seem to get these lyrics out of my head:

Til now I always got by on my own
I never really cared until I met you
But now it chills me to the bone
How do I get you alone?

Sheesh, Heart. All you have to say is, "would you like to be alone with me?" What a silly question.

We can't afford to be innocent
Stand up and face the enemy
It's a do or die situation
We will be invincible

Clearly this song is all about surviving grad school. Cleary.

There are a few more tunes running around in that noggin of mine, but I think this post has put plenty of songs in your head. I'm going to head to bed, get up tomorrow and take Maggie to get spayed. I feel bad for the furry little lady. She's never gonna be a puppy momma. Thank goodness songs can fix those sad times! Here's my Maggie song:

(Bob would like to mention that he helped write this song. We are talented folk, we are).

Maggie Dooooooog
She's not a vegetarian
(Maggie Dog, Maggie Dog, Maggie Dog)
Maggie Dooooooog
Sometimes she eats carrion
(Maggie, NO! Maggie, NO! Maggie NO!)
She loves us home
She hates to be alone
She likes red meat
And she sure likes the bone!


*Bob does not wear ascots....yet.

1 comment:

jeremy said...

Awesome, great post! Hope all your tests went well this week!