Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Heber Fever

I have officially accepted a job offer in Wasatch County School District (actually, I accepted quite a while ago, but am just now updating the ol' blog). It is a full-time position at one of the elementary schools in Heber City. I'll also be working part of my time with the preschoolers as well as the 7th graders in the middle school. I'm pretty excited to have a variety of ages to work with. I'm looking forward to working in the district. It's a smaller district, and I'm excited to feel part of a team.

Remember how I was in a never-ending debate of doom over whether moving to Heber was a good idea? Yeah, I remember it too. Well, Bob and I finally put on our big girl panties and made a decision. Well, I guess Bob put on his big boy briefs... that's besides the point. The point is that we have made a decision.

Drum roll please....

We have decided to move to Heber City.

Ooh...pretty valley.

I'm pretty darn excited about this decision for the following reasons.

#1: Heber is new adventure where Bob and I can try new things and meet new people.

#2: 15 minutes to Park City. Can you say "Ski Bum"?

#3: 15 minutes to Jordanelle Reservoir, 10 minutes to Deer Creek Reservoir. Clearly, we'll need to buy a boat. Wait, those are expensive. Maybe a canoe?

#4: Fresh air year-round.

#5: Hello outdoors! Hiking, swimming, biking, horseback riding (clearly we'll need to make some friends with horses), 4-wheeling, et cetera.

Now we just need to find a place to live. Why is it so hard to find a place that has 2 bathrooms, and is pet friendly for under $1000? I found this cute home for rent, 2 bed, 1 bath and pet friendly, but the rent is $1200 a month. Exsqueese me? It would be cheaper for us to buy a cute little townhome with 3 beds, 2 baths just down the street.

If you know of anyplace that is renting in Heber with 2+ bedrooms and is pet friendly for under $1000 I will buy you a pizza. If there is a fence backyard I will throw in breadsticks AND sauce. Seriously, you can't ask for a better deal than that!

Bob's dad really wants us to buy right now. We're still not sure if we'll buy or rent, but either way I'm sure we'll find a fun place to call our own.

3 comments:

McCall & Kimberly said...

Ok so I was bored at work (sh don't tell) and I saw these http://www.wasatchcommonsapts.com/

They don't have a yard but it says theyre pet friendly! Thought it might be worth a shot for you guys.

Good luck on your hunt! I know searching for a place to live is a pain in the rear!

Unknown said...

i'm so excited for you!! and I can't wait to come up and play!

Lil Lizzie said...

congrats on the job!! now you're all growed up ;)