Sunday, May 6, 2012

Master Cilla

Thursday, May 3, 2012 was my graduate school convocation ceremony. I am officially a graduate of the University of Utah in Speech Language Pathology.

I am a Master.

Boo-freaking-ya.

I am so relieved to be [almost] done with my program. I have 1 week left of my externship with Granite School District and then I will officially be done. By this Thursday around 3pm I will be dunzo, finished, complete! I love this feeling of peace in my life right now. In fact, I currently have 3 library books in my possession with a full intent to read ALL of them in the next week or so. Man, I've missed reading for pleasure.

And now, since a picture can tell a thousand words, here are 22,000 words on my progression from High School Graduate to Bachelor to Master. Is it just me, or do I look like I have more wrinkles in my Master's pictures? Man, stress does a number on your face. Enjoy!

First off, Cottonwood High School Graduation. June 2005

What's cookin' good lookin'?


I'm thinking...I'm thinking...I'm thinking...


All dressed up and ready to go!


Support from an awesome Momma. 


Dinner at Olive Garden.
L to R: Brother Jordan, Momma Kim, Brother-in-law Ryan, Grandma Shirley,
Grandpa Gordon, Papa Mark, Me, and Auntie Lizzy

Now on to University of Utah Bachelor's Graduation. Degrees in Behavioral Science and Health and Communication Sciences and Disorders. May 2010

Curly hair was the 'do of choice in 2010. Good call, Cilla.

 Not too much garb on. Just the classic cap, gown, and tassels.


Brother, husband, and parental support.


Extended family!


 Extended family x2!


This graduation I had me a husband. Go Team Neve!

And finally, Graduation from the University of Utah with a Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology! May 3, 2012

The Master's and Ph.D. candidates entered the Huntsman Center from the tunnel. Very official.


  My sister-in-law Maraih (on the left) suprised me with some gorgeous handmade leis. Thanks, lady!

 

As alwasys, Husband Bob was there in full support. 


Mom, Dad, and Yours Truly


Lots of extended family support this year. I am so blessed!


I think I love this man.


In our Grad program everyone seemed to end up with a "buddy."
This is my buddy. Miss Ashley Lamph.

 

The whole gang joined up for dinner at Spaghetti Factory. It was delicious!

Well, there you have it. My progession from High Schooler to Bachelor to Master. Will there be a jump to Doctor next? Hells, no. At least, not for 5-10 years. I have been at the University of Utah for 7 consecutive years. As much as I love the campus and love learning, my brain is F-R-I-E-D. I'm looking forward to no more studying, no more tests, and no more stress (at least, stress that is school-related).

In looking forward to the future, I'm excited for so many things. Babies, salary, insurance, and most of all, spending more quality time with friends and family without an article or notes stuck to my face. 2012 and beyond are bright my friends.

For I am The Master.



3 comments:

Lil Lizzie said...

congrats cilla!! that's a big accomplishment! love the past pic the most :)

iordanovs said...

Yay for Master Cilla! I love the shoes by the way! :)

Unknown said...

congrats cilla! I'm so impressed!