Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rock the U 2009!!!


Elyse & Priscilla during "Rock Hour" Rock the U 2008!

I LOVE this event. Once a year the University of Utah has a 26.2 hour dance marathon to raise monty for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation. I did it last year and had a BLAST! It truly was a once in a lifetime experience...that I'm doing again! Wahoo!

This year will be different, though. My fundraising strategies will be more creative, influencial, and persuasive. So here's my first plan of attack:

I vow here and now to NOT SIT DOWN DURING THE ENTIRE 26.2 HOURS if Rock the U can raise $100,000!!!

This is serious business, folks! Not only will I be standing for a crazy amount of time, I will be DANCING LIKE A MANIAC the entire day (well, for the exception of eating, and the occasional Guitar Hero of course)...

But this amazing feat of awesomeness will only occur if we can get generous individuals to donate! So please let everyone you know about Rock the U, and the crazy plan Cilla has for not sitting down. Talk to your families, friends, coworkers, classmates, ANYONE! Donations of any amount will help us reach the $100,000 goal!

Also, anyone over the age of 18 is able to participate! You need not go to the U to join this great cause!

So have I convinced you yet? Hopefully I have! So here are the links to Rock the U:

Rock the U Website:
http://www.asuu.utah.edu/rocktheu

Cilla's Fundraising Page:
http://www.active.com/donate/rocktheu09/PHansen83

1 comment:

Vee said...

very cool.
You have my word I will donate to your worthy cause.
It may not be the biggest, but it will be the baddest